10 Interesting Facts You Might Not Know About Wizkid
Nigerian music superstar, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun popularly known as Wizkid has over the years maintained top level in his career and has taken the craft to outside the chores of the country.
As one of the leading talents the country is proud of, Wizzy has got some interesting statistics and facts that not many of his fans know about. Here are 10 of them.
- Wizkid was a member of a praise and worship gospel singing choir called “Glorious Five”. He used to be known as Lil Prinz till 2016.
- Wizkid like many of popular musicians did not graduate college. He was a student of Ijebu Ode Grammar School, Ogun state, and dropped out of Lead City University in 2011 into his 3rd Year where he was studying ‘International Relations’.
- He had his first ever recording with late OJB Jezreel at just 11.
- At the age of 15, he was writing songs and receiving guidance from Naeto C.
- His parents weren’t receptive of his music from the onset. In order to gain his father’s trust, he had to work hard and spent lots of time in the studio.
- In February 2014, Wizkid became the first ever Nigerian musician to have over 1 million followers on Twitter.
- Wizkid’s first International Collaboration was with Akon on Don’t Dull (Remix)
- He is definitely not one of the tallest in the industry. He is just 5’4 ‘tall’
- Wizkid currently has a net worth that stands at $12 Million
- He reportedly charges 6million naira per performance