Saudi Arabia has denied reports that Crown Prince, Mohammed Bin Salman, wants to buy English Premier League giants, Manchester United.
Turki al-Shabanah, the kingdom’s media minister, who denied the report, said there had only been a meeting with the Saudi wealth fund regarding sponsorship with the club.
Shabanah wrote on Twitter, that the news of the prince planning to acquire the club is “completely false.”
“Manchester United held a meeting with PIF Saudi to discuss sponsorship opportunity,” Shabanah added, saying that no deal materialized.
British newspaper, The Sun, had said on Sunday, that the crown prince was in a £3.8 billion take-over bid talk with the American owners, the Glazers family.
The paper also said a bid was first submitted in October 2018.
It further added that the fallout from the murder of journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, at the kingdom’s embassy in Turkey last year, had hampered negotiations.